4.06.2008

Carlsbad 5000 and other stuff

Last night I watched as my friend Leia entered wedded bliss. This morning I ran the Carlsbad 5000. I wish Leia and Rob a lifetime of happiness, but on to me.

Let me just tell you, I don't think I've been to a more stressful event. It was mainly in the parking. Downtown Carlsbad is ate up with churches and it was Sunday. There weren't any signs for parking, although I reread the parking instructions and they do say that it's only street parking, but we parked at the senior center.

The race itself was great. It's billed as a fast course, and it is. It isn't all flat, as I was lead to believe, but there was only 1 hill and we hit the ascent fairly quickly off the start and the descent was on the way to the finish line, which gave me a boost at the end.

My official race time was 31:04, the fastest I've ever run a 5k.

What else has happened since I've last blogged?

More tri and 1/2 marathon training. My run on Thursday was okay. It went as well as it should have, given I didn't really train for a week and a half.

I swam Saturday morning, for about 25 minutes. I think the arm and body motions are starting to click, but the breathing isn't. I'm going to consciously slow myself down next time I'm in the pool and make sure I'm breathing every 4th stroke. It's hard to get through my brain, but I need to try or I'll freak out during the swim.

Oh, and I was tagged to describe myself in 6 words. I'll do that on my DOR, which is tomorrow.

4 comments:

E said...

Great job and congrats on your PR!

Viv said...

Congrats, GREAT PR!! It is so awesome to watch you get faster and better, and skinnier!!

Are you bilateral breathing in the swim? Swimming is all about the form isn't it?!! UGH!
Swimming I am so working on it. I have lined up the schedule full of swimming till the next tri.

Tammy said...

Great job on the PR!!

Carly said...

Nice work and WTG on the PR!!!!