4.13.2008

Failed

At my 7 mile run today. I failed. Well, I registered a DNF, did not finish.

My legs felt heavy on Saturday night. Today when I woke up, they felt a bit better, so I took my running stuff to WI, so I could change after. I gained at WI, but it was to be expected. I sort of stopped tracking on Friday. Now I'm back on Core, but let's get back to my failed run.

First I parked in the Toshiba lot, but panicked and moved the car when I saw the sign that read it was for authorized personnel only, all others will be towed. I moved it to a parking lot with lots of little companies and the same sign. I had already staked out the route and hidden my water bottle, even printed out some cute stickers to tell other people to keep their grubby hands off my water.
So even though I was worried about my car being towed and I had to go to the bathroom, I set off. There was a strip mall at the turn around, I didn't realize this when I brought my water to hide, and I assumed there would be a Starbuck's and I could use their bathroom.

About a mile out I realized my IT Band was making itself known and that I really had to go to the bathroom. After my previous set backs concerning my IT Band, I decided to head back and find a restroom. My car was still there, and I had already prepared for training, ie ate for training, so I rescued my bottle of water and headed to the gym to do some weights.

At least I didn't totally waste the day.

5 comments:

E said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. you will get there! :)

Viv said...

Yas, you know to listen to that it band. That is what counts, and you still did ST. so, you failed at nothing.

Diario de Elysia said...

At least you got out there..damn that IT band!

Al's CL Reviews said...

How did you fail? If you didn't listen to your IT band, and something happened, you would have been down for the count.

You did fine!

Yasmin said...

Thanks everyone. When I wrote it, I felt kinda down. I really wanted to get back into my running schedule. I did feel better about ST than I would have if I had just gone home.

Thanks guys!