4.07.2008

6 Word Memoir

Impossible is nothing, attitude is everything.

Yeah, I know it's lame. I've been racking my brain all day and this was what I came up with and I like it. It reminds me of what I've done and how far I've come.
About 5 years ago I decided to try Weight Watchers. I did online only and didn't change the way I ate, just the quantity and when I ate. It wasn't healthy, I didn't have the right attitude. I didn't exercise more than my company's softball league (not very aerobic). I lost 25lb, fell off the wagon, gained 10 back, decided I was meant to be fat and kept eating crappily.


Fast forward to 2006, I had a better attitude, I started to really think about the program. I realized I needed to change my attitude. In 2007 my weight loss stalled, and here is where the magic happened.


For about 3 months the scale never really moved (this was not the magic). I was getting fed up (ha a WWer getting "fed" up) with not losing and I really wanted to quit, but Pat, the most wonderful leader in the world, wouldn't let me. She told me to switch to Core, shake it up a bit. A leader who filled in for Pat's meeting talked about how she started running as her exercise when she was working the program, I checked out Couch to 5K.



It was magic. Core and running flipped a switch. They have pushed me out of my comfort zone and I've discovered what you want is really possible, when you have the right attitude and are open to new ideas. I've found a lifestyle I can stick with and still be healthy and happy. I signed up for a triathlon for fraks sake. That is proof that my cheesy 6 word memoir is true.

Impossible is nothing, attitude is everything.

3 comments:

Viv said...

Inspiring word Yas!

You have done so wonderful, be proud!!

Pokey said...

Completely AWESOME! It's not the least bit cheesy.....you should be VERY proud!

And congrats on your PR by the way.....NICE JOB!

Carly said...

That was great Yas!!!!!!!!