11.15.2008

Saved

So I'm not running the trail with Devil's Crotch tomorrow. In fact, I'm probably not running outside at all tomorrow. With all the fires, and if you didn't know Southern California was on fire, well it is, I'm thinking my lungs will be happier with me if I bang out the 6 miles on the dread instead of outside.

I did take a pretty insane spin class. This guy gets in 100 push-ups between the bike activity and sprinkles in some crunches for added flavor. He did give us a "lecture" that I thought was aimed directly at me. He told us the way to get up the hills faster was in our cardio sprint (kick he calls them) intervals. I know I wasn't sprinting all out. I realize that I don't really have a bike "kick" like I have a run "kick", that sprint at the end of a race, you know. I also wanted to yell at him "my thighs have not recovered from the body pump class on Wednesday." but I didn't. Aside from embarrassing myself and the friend I went to spin class with, it sounds very whiny and very much like an excuse. I mean, it was 3 days ago and it's my fault that my legs are so out of shape and sore.

I didn't HAVE to do all the squats and lunges. I didn't need to use the weights while I did the squats. I over estimated my ability level. That's the second time in 2 weeks. Maybe I need to dial it back...

1 comment:

Viv said...

Totally cool to tell the spin instructor you are trying to recover spin. I encourage my students to do so when they are blown out. Rest them legs, sweetie...