Hangin' Out

I had planned to do my 6 mile run on Saturday morning, before I met up with some of my friends who were in from out of town. I, however, prepared poorly. I wasn't hydrating well on Friday, then Friday night I had some chips and bean dip, beer battered onion rings, fried zucchini and some butternut squash pasta with cranberries and walnuts in a butter sauce. Chased that down with a beer and some water. Didn't get to bed until 11:30ish.

Sometime around 4am I woke up with really bad stomach pain. I should have remembered this pain. This happened to me before, the last time I ate lots of fried food. So I bailed on my run Saturday morning and thought I'd get to it Sunday morning.

Saturday the girls and I headed to the Aquarium of the Pacific, which was great AND has otters, then we ate at Bubba Gump shrimp, which had wonderful food, walked around the Long Beach Pier and headed back to hang out in Dana Point until 11:30 pm.

People, I don't stay out that late. I didn't turn into a pumpkin, though. I made it all the way home before I fell asleep.

Sunday was the day everyone had to get to the airport. I thought I'd be able to run in the afternoon, but the weekend caught up to me. My hour nap at 2:30 turned into an almost 2 hour nap and I didn't wake up until 4:15. By the time I'd get myself ready it would be 4:30. The sun starts setting here at about 4:55 and it's completely dark by 5:30.

So, the masochistic I am, I'm waking up a 4am tomorrow to run my 6 miles in the morning. Then running my easy 2 miles on Tuesday so I can get back into my training program. I'll figure out how to fit in Spin and Body Pump classes sometime...


AKA Alice said...

Oh yeah...fried and rich food = big-time tummy-ache for me.

Running at 4am? You're a better woman than me.

Glad you're back!

Al's CL Reviews said...



Good luck with the run.

Viv said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! LOL @ turning into a pumpkin!!! Hope you got that run done this morning, try not to make up too much during the week; by gones are by gones; water under the bridge; que sera sera...ok you can punch me now.

Tammy said...

Good luck getting that run in!

Me, I would have either suffered with the stomach ache, or skipped it altogether.

Lately, more likely the latter.

Yasmin said...

Um, the 4am run didn't happen. That was a product of me finally tackling my desk until 11pm last night.

I'll be running later today!