6.12.2008

Preparing for Danskin

Today was it. I did my last workout before Danskin. An easy (ppfftt, a Yasmin easy) brick. It really wasn't that bad. I wasn't going race pace on either the stationary bike (I wasn't going to do hill repeats during taper weeks) or the treadmill. I was reading a book on the stationary bike for goodness sake.

I also got my pedicure. Maybe that will distract some of the women during the swim and they'll slow down. See aren't they pretty?

Back to books. I've been on a weird romance novel kick lately. Why? Maybe it's the stress of the race, or work, or a side effect of eating too much junk food. Who knows. But I may have found my new fave bodice ripper author. If you like romantic comedies and want to try your hand at reading, check out Cathie Linz. I just finished reading Big Girls Don't Cry and it was a hoot. I finished between lunch time and now. Almost as entertaining as the Hollows books by Kim Harrison. A bit different genre's but I loved them both.

Also on my bookshelf, Killing Pablo (soon to be a major motion picture, but I read it years ago, yes peeps I am a trendsetter oh and Christian Bale is in it. I love me some Bale), the whole Harry Potter Series and random thriller/mysteries. My taste in reading materials is as eclectic as my taste in music. You'll find big band jazz to go with the afore mentioned punk music.

With that keen insight into your fab Yas, I'll be off.

7 comments:

Delane said...

your toes are purty!

Good Luck

Viv said...

toes lookd great, Bale is hot envison him at the finish line. Have a fantastic tri enjoy every
second. Good luck!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Toes are fab!

Good luck!

Aka Alice said...

I've been reading your blog for a little while and thought I'd delurk to say that the toes look awesome...and good luck in the Tri tomorrow.

I'll be at the Iron Girl 10K in Del Mar next weekend too!

Alice

The Worsted Witch said...

Did you get the polish from Priti?

Lori said...

Toes look great, definitely a distraction.

GOOD LUCK!!

Yasmin said...

The polish was from Whole Foods. I figured if I was going for formaldehyde-free, they would be the best place to start.

It's No-Miss Nail Polish in Naples Pink.