3.31.2009

Solo Santiago

Today I had 103 minutes of riding solo. I decided to try my mom's Cannondale. She sent it down a few weeks ago and I haven't had the balls to try it out yet.

I was supposed to ride with Laura, Rosemarie and Yen, but one by one they RSVP'd with regrets. I figured with volunteering at Oceanside 70.3 and the Vegas trip coming up this weekend,I needed to take a chance and do as much of a 2 hour ride as I could. It ended up being just under an hour and 45 minutes.

I don't know if it was the bike or me, but the ride felt much easier today. The ~23 miles flew by. None of the "trouble" spots of my rides past appeared. I didn't even feel tired!

I am going to have to get this bike fit for me before I decide to switch from my Trek and use the Cannondale. All I did was lower the bike seat for this ride, but I think the handle bars need to be raised and I'll have to change out the saddle and pedals for it to be comfortable. For a 25 mile ride, it'll be worth it.

No comments: