12.10.2007

Your Neck is So Small

So we're sitting on the couch, eating dinner and watching Monday Night Football and Jeremy looks over at me and says, "Your neck is so small."

At first this weirds me out a bit as I the line, "I can snap you like a twig" or something like that from Dodge Ball comes into my head. But then he proceeds to encircle my neck with his hands. He couldn't do that before, he says. I think this is the first thing he's said about my WLJ that I didn't have to bring up first.

It's funny the things he notices. I realize he sees me every day, so the actual shedding of the pounds is as noticeable to him as it is to me, except I get the added feedback of clothes falling off.

Yesterday, on our way out to dinner he mentions that the difference between this time on WW and my last time is that I spend more time exercising. This is also true. Back in 2002, when I started WW the first time, I didn't really exercise at all, unless you call a corporate softball league exercise.

I just thought it was sweet that he was commenting on my success and determination, as he put it.

I've noticed him changing as well. We no longer go to In-n-Out or Wendy's when we "go out". We go to actual sit down restaurants where there are healthier options to choose. He picks fast food restaurants based on which place has the most food I can eat. He is even more adventurous in the kitchen. He doesn't make faces when I try a new recipe and is eating whole wheat pasta. Granted the only brand of whole wheat pasta he'll eat is bionaturae, but it's still whole wheat pasta.

A lot changes in 5 years. I'm more committed to make this lifestyle change and he's more committed to support me. Oh, did I forget to mention he takes out the trash without me nagging him about it? Is there any question why I love this man?

It really has been 5 years of wedded bliss...

1 comment:

Viv said...

Congrats on 5 blissful years, and thumbs up to the hubby for being so supportive!