12.13.2007

It's Easier the Second Time Around

I just finished W3D3 of Couch to 5K, and it was easy. I actually briskly walked my recover walks instead of slowed to a snails' pace to suck wind. I was checking my watch so I didn't over run, instead of hoping I was done. All in all this was a wonderful week of almost running. Now I only have 5 more to go.

I did sign up, read put money down, on the Surf City 5K. This was going to be my first 1/2 marathon, but oh well. Maybe things happen for a reason. I encouraged one of my Weight Watcher meeting friends to start Couch to 5K, then conned her into signing up for this race in Huntington Beach on the morning of Superbowl Sunday. It's not always about football, you know. Oh and I really want one of those surf board metals. I think it's the closest I'll ever come to owning a surf board.

I'm hoping this, and mostly following WW new Kick Start program this week, will result in a loss on Sunday. I did not ingest fat-free cheddar (bleck) to gain or maintain on the stupid Monster Box (a term coined in my WW meeting for the scale) .

I'm also planning strategies for next week's Snack Table. It's a 4 (count 'em 4) day potluck. I think I'm only going to be there for 3 of those days, but it'll still be trouble. I heard someone might be bringing in a Chocolate MotherlodeCake from Claim Jumper. If there is one thing I can't resist it's a 6 layer chocolate cake with chocolate filling and frosting, topped with nuts. Someone else is bringing in baked rigatoni from another local restaurant.

I will be bringing in a modified Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle. Yes Paula Dean made it on her show, but no it does not contain 4 sticks of "butta". I leave out the brown sugar, use sugar-free, fat-free jello instant pudding made with fat-free milk. I also use cool whip free or cool whip lite. Everyone loves it and no one knows the difference. Of course no one's tried one made by the Queen of Cholesterol herself, Ms. Dean. They might die on the spot.

2 comments:

Viv said...

Good luck with the 5K, & way to go with coming back with the running. Yea, I love those Surf City Marathon medals. I have to do that one someday.

Diario de Elysia said...

LMAO Yas, hope you are doing well through the marathoning of PotLucks. And ClaimJumpers cake? Good lawd, that's good stuff!