6.21.2010

Goal Setting

As I set off for an unscheduled run today (the weather was too good not to get out), I started setting end of the year goals in my head.

1) run the trail around my development at any pace.
2) run the trail around my development at a 10 min/mile or faster.
3) do things that make me happy

I'm pretty sure there were more things, but those are all I can remember. Probably something about races and getting out and meeting people, I'm sure.

I can cross #1 off my list. I ran 1/2 the trail, even part of the hills, without realizing it. So I willed myself to finish. Seriously. Anytime my conviction was starting to fail, I just thought of putting one foot in front of the other.

I wasn't even supposed to run today.

2 comments:

Delane said...

great job getting out there. taking the first step is always the hardest.

Southbaygirl said...

Did you run in the sun and heat??

great job!!! So proud of you for getting out there!!!